Supply Chains Officer (Incinerator)
Since January 2011, Save the Children has been the co‐Principal Recipient (PR) of three grants under the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) funded program in Myanmar. After successful implementation, Save the Children, under the leadership of the Myanmar Health Sector Coordinating Committee (M‐HSCC) and the National Programs, signed three additional Global Fund Grants under the New Funding Model (NFM) for the period 2018‐2020. Under these grants, Save the Children disburses Global Fund financing to 15 SRs in total covering all 17 states and regions of Myanmar.
In order to improve quality management of the Grant and ensure the right management of health products waste, Save the Children has installed two high temperature incinerators to adequately and safely dispose them. As a consequence, SCI is providing a full time Supply Chains Officerto run equipment installed.
Supply Chains Officeris mainly responsible to support handling storage of health products waste (including reception, record “IN” and “OUT”) received from different sites (Government and organization sector), to operate the Incinerators effectively in order to dispose adequately those product and to carry out function required at site level to ensure smooth operation (remove ash from incinerator, clean the compound …).
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chains Coordinator
Technical line manager – NA
Direct Reports: Supply Chains Assistant
Financial Approval: No
External Representation: Regular contact of detailed explanations of policy, regulations, programs, services and representation of SCI at the local level or with mid-level counterparts.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To supervise the reception of the incoming Pharmaceuticals and health product wastes (from GFATM Projects Sites, Government Hospitals and other organizations) and adequately record information as per SOPs.
- To notify about any discrepancy and report to his/her supervisor.
- To monitor stock of items to be disposed and report daily on key storage information (stock information, volume information, quantity of goods disposed etc.) as per Standard Operation Procedure.
- To set up weekly planning / daily operation activities.
- To ensure that weight is adequately recorded for each shipment receives and before loading cycle.
- To monitor consumption of fuel on daily bases and ensure timely replenishment to avoid any interruption of operation.
- To supervise waste segregation based on incinerator specification and guidelines ensuring that incinerator temperature within the chamber is maintain. Communicate with his/her supervisor in case of new products to ensure that segregation of the good is adequately done.
- To supervise overall operation process and closely monitor incinerator indicator (temperature, fuel etc.).
- To prepare and report as per requirement (Consolidated volume disposed, fuel consumption, operation & related costs etc.) and if any issue.
- To issue disposal Certificates for item disposed and submit those certificate to his/her supervisor.
- To participate actively in the trainings and maintenance processes from Supplier.
- To ensure that generator is immediately started in case of electricity cut to limit risk damaging equipment.
- To wait until end of cycle before to leave the working area.
- To immediately inform supervisor if any issue abnormal issue happen at site.
- To manage daily worker supporting handling heavy tasks (unloading truck, cleaning the compound etc.)
- To ensure that staff and other people going at site strictly follow security procedure.
- To restrict access to the site to any people not-authorized.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Logistics or warehouse management.
- Good personal organizational skill and ability to follow simultaneously tasks during operating the incinerator and to set up priorities in managing tasks.
- Knowledge on computer literacy (more specifically Excel/skills).
- Good aptitude to follow strict rules and operational procedures when handling tasks.
- A deep sense of honesty and a keen awareness of the inherent responsibility of the position.
- Good physical condition with ability to carry box and handle heavy duty.
- Experience managing health product stock will be an asset.
- Good communication skills – working courteously with partners, Transport Company and any people visiting site.
Communication and Technical Skills
- Myanmar (reading and writing) and English (reading and writing).
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the partner developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong organization skills/experience and proven ability to develop planning and successful working environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff/daily labors.
- Ability to lead on the respect of security procedure at site.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy