Consultant - Organizational Governance
Purpose of Consultancy:
MEC provides support to the Monastic Education Development Group (MEDG) to improve the quality of Monastic Education. In line with support to its partner organizations for organizational development, MEDG and MEC have planned a review and appraisal of current and potential governance structures, in line with organizational changes. The purpose of the consultancy is to work with MEDG leadership to support the strengthening of governance at MEDG, including the development of recommendations for appropriate governance structures and a road map for getting there.
Scope of Work
With the MEDG leadership team, assess the existing status of the governance function. The consultant will work closely with MEDG leadership to assess the extent to which current structures and functions are appropriate to the organization’s scope. The consultant will work together with MEC and MEDG to appraise the current status, make recommendations on any desired changes in the level of effectiveness of the current structures and identify the strategies / steps required in managing the desired changes with a prospective time frame.
- Workplan for completion of the appraisal outlining the core actions to be taken, approaches and tools to be utilised
- Draft Report and Power Point presentation for discussion during a workshop/meeting with key stakeholders
- Final Report based upon feedback from presentation and on draft.
Requirements for Proposal Submission
This is an individual consultancy. Please submit a CV and cover letter that explains how you meet the person specifications and why you are qualified for this consultancy.
The contract is expected to commence in early November 2019. This work is planned for completion in 1- 3 weeks upon signing of the contract.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Significant experience with Organizational Development/Not-for-Profit Governance required
- Experience with Organizational Development/Not-for-Profit Governance in Myanmar desired
- Experience in Education and/or Monastic Education in Myanmar desired
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes as part of the review and feedback process;
- Ability to interview senior monks, laypersons, government representatives, and school officials