To assist smooth and effective programme implementation by assuming the financial responsibilities at the field office level and performing in a way that meets the relevant SCI Essential Standards.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Award and Finance Coordinator
Direct Reports: NA
Financial Approval: No financial approval
External Representation: Regular contact of basic factual information
Travel: Minimum (up to 5 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Make various payments as per the authorization and approval of budget holders (BHs) and delegated BHs and in accordance with Save the Children’s Scheme of Delegation and financial management policy.
- Ensure transparent method for cash transition and conducting cash counts with senior field staff and reconciliation on a weekly and/or random basis for all cash by developing an appropriate timetable.
- Ensure the cash in hand is balanced at all time by using manual cash books and to maintain about 2 week expenditure of following month at the end of the month as required by Field Office implementation forecast.
- Liaise with Regional and Yangon finance staff regarding all relevant financial compliance issues. Capacity Building of field budget holders and project officers in term of financial control and compliance and budget management etc as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of cash transfer requests from Yangon Head Office based upon the appropriate cash requirement forecasting of field office.
- Ensure that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipts and cash payment vouchers.
- Ensure conformity with Essential Standards and requirements set up in Agresso FMS for additional relevant guidance in float management and controls, including issuing, reconciling and recording.
- Completely fill in the relevant SCI payment/receipt vouchers for all transactions ensuring accurate description, coding, and enclosing relevant required supporting documents.
- Carry out the regular financial data entry into the cash and petty cash offline excel spreadsheets based on approved payment vouchers.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are coded appropriately as required under the Agresso accounting system. Liaise and consult with Budget Holders, regional finance staff and Yangon Finance and Awards Management Departments as needed.
- Undertake month-end procedures in compliance with financial requirements and ensure timely submission of the full financial document to regional and Yangon finance team.
- Making sure to arrange monthly meeting with Budget Holders to follow up and discuss with their respective grants analysis timeline and feedbacks and adjustments timeline, final report review timeline etc. and comply.
- Provide financial technical supports on budget and actual expenditure review and monitoring trainings to budget holders (if required) and to consult and work with them for budget phasing and revision (if required).
- Make recommendations where necessary for the improvement of existing financial systems/controls, as well as request for support from Yangon for additional guidance, training, and advice on improvement wherever the need is seen.
- Organizing filling system in accordance with the required standards to ensure clear logical audit trail.
- Take regular backup of the Sub-office financial data to make the appropriate records.
- With the support of Yangon Finance team facilitate the process of internal and external audit providing necessary financial documents and other information.
- To assist RAFC for checking field voucher and other related financial matters.
- To support and helping emergency responding planning with finance roles depend on emergency responding planning /implementation.
- Participate on financial capacity assessment of partner organizations and provide financial capacity building package on financial donor compliance and follow up checking.
- Making sure to check all partner financial report and supporting documents in line with donor and SCI requirement and follow up on issues before uploading on Agresso FMS.
- Responsible to prepare the GLAGOS of their respective grants’ partners expenditure to upload their financial report in Agresso.
- Participate in partner monitoring visit and update the monitoring check list together with follow up actions. Closely working with budget holders for their partner budgets proposal and spending and next transfer plan.
- Regularly monitoring and supervision of partner organization’s financial management and flow with SCI’s Finance Policy and procedures.
- Coordinate with Regional Operations Team members especially procurement process and linking between Procurement and financial process.
- Arranging capacity building planning for partner organization concerning partnership financial management.
- Regularly reporting to RAFC concerning financial management of partner organization.
- Keep & maintain partner voucher & documents for audit process.
- Assist RAFC for partner audit process.
- Typing reports and daily correspondence.
- Perform any other relevant duties related to finance assigned by the supervisor.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy.
- To assist and support to RAFC if have other relative assign tasks.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- University degree and/or specification in financial management/accounting will be an advantage.
- Three years’ professional working experience, preferably in the development sector.
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Skills in administration.
- Proven team working ability.
- Willingness to work in field office location.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Good communications skills, including English language ability.
- Computer proficiency, especially MS Excel.