Project Assistant (Nutrition)
Support the Project Officer for the overall management (resources planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) of the Nutrition component of Tat Lan Plus program implememted in Sittwe and Pauk Taw Townships. This program aim at increasing the households’ income and financial security through the support to nutrition-sensitive productive activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Officer
Direct Reports: Community Development Facilitator
Financial Approval: Significant budget responsibility but not overall budget holder.
External Representation: No regular contact
Travel: Frequent (over 3days per week or more if required)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assist baseline/endline surveys, barrier analysis and data entry.
- Assist in design of project activities in Nutrition programming in line with agreed work plan.
- Ensure community mobilization, and facilitate community-based project activities through regular interaction with children and community members, including providing training, guidance and support.
- Take steps to ensure that the programme benefits the poorest and most disadvantaged children and facilitate in beneficiary selection in a participatory and transparent manner.
- Responsible for conducting the Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) activity to mothers who are pregnant, lactating women, mothers of children under 2 and fathers to practice optimal Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) practices.
- Responsible for conducting the nutrition promotion activities, provision of hyginene kits, and supporting the beneficiaries in high risk referral in coordination with compliance teams and frameworks.
- Supervise and train community level nutrition volunteer and peer mothers/fathers through quality monitoring support.
- Assist and facilitate capacity building workshops, awareness sessions, review meetings and training sessions for variety of stakeholders.
- Assist in producing resource materials, deliver training, make presentations and organise events/other activities to ensure that SCI develops and maintains sound monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment in nutrition programmes.
- Ensure respective committees, parents and community members involve in participatory monitoring and evaluation process.
- In coordination with M&E staff, monitor and document the progress of project activities in geographic area/s of assignment.
- Assist in procurement of materials, supplies and maintenance of project equipment and repair.
- Liaise with community/ village authorities, and departmental officials regarding the project activities as necessary.
- Assist supervisor in preparing work plan and budget estimation.
- Keep records of activities, and report regularly and as requested on programme progress.
- To assist supervisor in maintaining program documents and coordinating with all departments.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school or equivalent education.
- University Degree in relevant field is preferable.
- At least 1 year thematic experience in development programming in Nutrition programmes.
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable.
- Proven team working ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer proficiency (or at least willingness to learn).
- Ability to live and travel in remote locations, and ability to speak local language.
- Interest & willingness to learn from community.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- A commitment to children’s rights, children’s participation and non-discrimination.