MEAL Assistant (Access to Health)
Facilitate the effective and successful planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of maternal and new born health care service strengthening activities in Namtu, Namhsan and Manton Townships in collaboration with Project teams under direct supervision of PC/FOM (Namtu) and technical guidance of MEAL Officer (Lashio).
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator/FOM, MEAL Officer
Direct Reports: Nil
Financial Approval: No financial approval
External Representation: No regular contact
Travel: Frequent (over 6 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Ensure Area Team staff and Partners are assisted and equipped to consistently and regularly monitor their work collecting quantitative and qualitative data on programming activities.
- Manage data collation of accurate and timely data of programme activities and consolidate against outputs indicators from Area Offices.
- Monthly reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators (Number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed).
- Ensure data entry for 4-Ws matrix and Output Tracker/Management Information System and then submitting on timely.
- Data consolidation and clarification in the Excel/Access based area level on monthly basis to strict deadline.
- Completing project data reports monthly to the line manager.
- Data collection, clarification of Total Reach from area office teams by quarterly preparing report to the line manager.
- Coaching/training and building capacity of area office teams to collect and manage their relevant data regularly.
- Contribute in development of database for project and contextual data by being part of system design while working with the line manager.
- Develop and update GAP analysis in programme needed.
- Ensuring data collections are in line with a monitoring and evaluation plan.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Ensure that maternal and new born health care service strengthening activities are carried out according to quality standards established by Save the Children through quality monitoring checklists.
- Monthly/Weekly or each time necessary written and oral report to Line Manager.
Integration, Coordination and transversal aspects
- Work with other team members of Save the Children working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sectors of the intervention.
- Ensure the integration of aspect related to gender, child protection, HIV, environment and other crosscutting issues to the implementation of maternal and new born health care service strengthening activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disable people.
- To perform any other work related activities as agreed with your line management or technical supervision from YGN MEAL team.
- Any other assign tasks depend on requirements.
- Participating and supporting in emergency responding activity.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities:
Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 1 year experience in related field.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a field office with difficult environment.
- Significant people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Understanding on Local context and Local Language are appreciate.
- Solid understanding and experience of working with Spread Sheets (MS-Excel)/SPSS/and relational databases (MS-Access).