Programme Coordinator (Education)
ROLE PURPOSE :
To oversee all the Inclusive Education activities implemented by education program. The role holder will work closely with education team, and ensure that all project activities related with Inclusive Education are implemented effectively and consistently and in line with agreed plans.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Programme Manager
Direct Reports: NA
Financial Approval: When delegated
External Representation: Interpersonal contact regular and varied, involves work with teacher training colleges and government ministry and representation at technical working groups and township level and donor visits.
Travel: Frequent (over 10 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist the Programme/ Project Managers in education team to ensure the timely, efficient and effective delivery of a high quality, inclusive education activities.
- Assist the Programme/ Project Managers to ensure implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plans and budgets, through regular guidance and field monitoring.
- Work with international consultant in supporting the capacity development of Disabled People Organizations in Inclusive Education as well as in developing advocacy strategic plan for Inclusive Education.
- Work closely with the training team in developing their understanding of Inclusive Education and in the development of training modules and deliver trainings.
- Organise and deliver training for government counterparts, programme staff, other agencies etc.
- Support the programme team’s efforts at maintaining and increasing the technical quality of the project and the capacities of the implementation team.
- Travel to the field to support Senior Project Officers and Project Officers in building their capacity in Inclusive Education and in conducting Inclusive Education trainings with the educational officials.
- Support compliance to systems and processes for planning and reporting to members and donors.
- Lead on the development of relevant IEC materials for Inclusive Education.
- Deputise for the Programme/Project Manager if requested to do so, and perform other tasks as assigned by Programme/ Project Manager.
Documentation and Reporting
- Document all important stages of the program related with Inclusive Education in consultation with the Program/ Project managers.
- Prepare high quality reports for submission to member and donor.
- Ensure that all activities are well documented including case studies.
Coordination and representation
- Organise and participate in field visits by donors or other organizations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key programmatic counterparts, including donor representatives, community representatives, and regional (State) officials.
- Maintain good relationships with relevant line ministry and other working groups.
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project is available for internal and external audiences about Inclusive Education activities.
- Representing Save the Children in all IE related working groups.
- Ensure effective communication with all the townships and ensure consistency in project implementation.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
Develop and pilot practical day-to-day approaches to increase awareness, commitment and interest in child safeguarding amongst staff members.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 4 years’ experience in working in education or related field. Experience of working in Inclusive Education is an advantage.
- Bachelor Degree in education or a related field. Ideally a post graduate qualification in a relevant field and/ or professional qualification in inclusive education or related field.
- Must be Excellent in English communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to write reports in English.
- Excellent training, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements Relevant significant people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.