Programme Coordinator (Education - MEAL)
The role holder will be the MEAL lead for Education Programme with support from Deputy Programme Manager and Head of MEAL. The main responsibility is to ensure MEAL activities in line with SCI requirements are well performed. The post holder will be working closely with the Education Programme Manager and Zonal Manager to ensure that all the Education projects' activities are implemented effectively and consistently in line with agreed detailed implementation plan. To ensure programme progresses, achievements and lesson learnt are well documented and to support field teams to ensure programming objectives are achieved.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Programme Manager
Technical Support: Head of MEAL
Direct Reports: Project Officers
Financial Approval: No financial approval
External Representation: No regular contact
Travel: Frequent (over 6 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assist Head of Programme, PMs in proposals development that includes log-frame, work plan and providing timely and relevant information.
- Assist in revising the results frameworks, particularly in the areas of, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- To support and ensure Quality Benchmarks are well implemented and the results are used accordingly for programme improvement.
- To support and ensure Accountability Mechanism is well implemented and functioning in Education Programming.
- To support and ensure data analysis are presented in meetings for learning so as to used data for better project programming.
Education Data Management
- Update and maintain the overall results framework for Education programme, for example, updating and maintaining database system based on agreed log-frames, quarterly M&E reviews, participatory assessments, process and impact monitoring.
- Support field staff to implement the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Review the quality of qualitative and quantitative data according to M&E framework, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide consolidated data for education Programme Specific needs and donor commitments.
- Provide data/information for meeting SCI Key Performance Indicators and annual total reach of the country office.
Documentation & Reporting
- Analyze data for program specific needs depending on different purposes.
- Ensure reporting requirements are fulfilled by all field teams.
- Ensure that monthly reports are received from field teams, combined, analyzied, and prepared the consolidated reports and quarterly reports for PMs & HoP/ Analyze data and prepare consolidated monthly reports for PMs & HoP.
- Seek necessary support for data analysis from PMs, HoP & MEAL team.
- Prepare all donor and other reports on time.
Technical Support to field teams
- Support MEAL technical skills to field staff (e.g; M&E concept, data forms, the use of monitoring tools, linkage with log-frame, data collection and analysis, data entry at township level).
- Conduct regular meetings and discussions with township education field staff and provide necessary assistance and support.
- Monitoring visits to impact areas to support programme staff in data collection and data entry process not to go astray.
- Actively involved in staff capacity building trainings on technical skills locally and abroad.
Research & Evaluation
- Support, facilitate and coordinate all evaluations, reviews and research for the education portfolio.
- Communicate with relevant Technical Advisors for baseline, mid-term and end line of the projects.
- Make sure that the research findings are available for donor reports, presentation papers for seminars in local context and external orientation, exceptional reports to key partners and counterparts.
- Lead and manage a team of project officers and develop their capacities and skills.
- Ensure that the PO’s and field teams implement projects as per the quality guidelines and standards identified for each activity.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
Develop and pilot practical day-to-day approaches to increase awareness, commitment and interest in child safeguarding amongst staff members.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Experience and knowledge in MEAL concepts or research experience; leading/conducting baselines and evaluations; Considerable knowledge and experience on data collection methodologies, tools, analysis and database management.
- Bachelor Degree in Social / Development Sciences, Information Technology or other related subjects.
Communication and Technical Skills
- Must be Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- High level of Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.