Project Officer (Child Protection)
This position will be the focal person for the CPiE integrated ( CP,Livelihood and Nutrition) project, which will provide an integrated response to the needs of children living IDP camps and host communities at Northern Shan.
The position will be under the technical and managerial support of the Program Manager (Integrated multi sectoral project), Project Coordinator and will receive technical support from the protection sector.
The position will have responsibility for organizing capacity building workshops, coordination with partners, for strengthening partnership approach and for the overall management support and coaching to the implementation partners’ WPN, SSYCBC staffs assigned for this grant. S/he will take a strong role in working with local authorities at target townships and state level and will be responsible for regular coordination with relevant stakeholders including DSW.
The Child Protection Officer will contribute and assist in the project planning, coordination, and procurement process of integrated multi sectorial project. The post holder should provide significant mentoring and capacity building to partner staffs to implement activities in line with proposal. The successful candidate should possess higher level of motivation and commitment to work with Internally Displaced People and flexibility to work in an insecure and volatile context.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Direct Reports: Nil
Budget Responsibilities: Authorise expenditure up to USD – 3000
External Representation: Regular contact of basic factual information
Travel: Frequent (over 15 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assist the Project Manager/ Project Coordinator in ensuring that project inputs are provided in a timely manner; procure/arrange for project supplies and materials as needed.
- Assist the Head of Field Office/ Project Coordinator in coordinating with local authorities and partners in their area of jurisdiction (e.g., township or villages or IDP camps, as the case may be).
- Organize, administer and facilitate capacity building activities in geographic areas of assignment.
- Assist Project Coordinator in preparing township work plan and budget estimation.
- Responsibility for cash disbursement for assigned project activities.
- Assist in developing training manuals and IEC materials.
- Assist to strengthen community based child protection mechanism.
- Assist Project Coordinator on the mapping of service providers at township level/state level and establish networking opportunities for both state and non-state actors to work on child rights and child protection.
- Support referrals from child protection cases in target communities to DSW for statutory cases and other service providers where available.
- Provide individual case support for non-statutory cases at targeted implementation areas.
- Capacity building to para social workers, case workers and service providers based on capcity development plans.
- Provide evidences and inputs through Project Coordinator to Yangon team for advocacy effort at policy level meetings and other review meetings with DSW, ATTF, DOR, DOL etc.
- Assist to organizing state level youth/child forum to ensure their voices are heard and taking into account in policy reviewing process.
- Closely work with other sectors (e.g., Livelihood, Nutrition) on integration/mainstreaming.
- Coordinate with various service providers to ensure the fulfilment of needs of the beneficiary.
- Ensure proper follow ups, and have face-to-face interactions with the partner staffs, beneficiary, and other parties involved.
- Support partners and children in collecting program data for operations as needed.
- Ensure project staff safety and security, and ensure all Save the Children policies and principles are upheld.
- Conduct thematic/sector specific skills building sessions among community members and other stakeholders in area of assignment.
- Collect program data for operations research as needed.
- Ensure timely supply of inputs and funds to partner organizations, youth group in target areas.
- Maintain regular communication with the Project Coordinator and Programme Manager.
- Monitor and document the progress of project activities in geographic area/s of assignment.
- Prepare and submit reports on each activities.
- Supervise and assist partner staffs in the implementation of their functions and provide technical support as needed.
- Ensure that project resources for specific location are used optimally and that expenditures comply with internal controls set by the Finance/Grants Units.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisors as required.
- Effective coordination with the other sectors programmes (Livelihood, Nutrition), Partner organizations and other UN, INGOs, which are implementing in the same funding and same area.
- Implement project activities in accordance with the detailed implementation plans and budgets.
- Provide to the Project Coordinator (PC) sound explanations for any significant variance (beyond SCI-accepted limits) from work plan and budget plan, together with proposed actions to remedy this situation.
- Delegated budget holder responsibility for the grant mentioned above in the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Support the PC/PM in preparing requests for budget revisions, realignment and other grant modifications.
- Cooperate with partner organizations in planning, budgeting and implementation of their activities and provide support as required.
- Ensure that project resources for specific location are used optimally and that expenditures.
- Comply with internal controls set by the Finance/Grants.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisor as required.
- Ensure that project related information are relayed to other Project Officer and the Community Development Facilitators.
- Prepare communication materials to partners/communities within implementation area.
- Work with team to ensure the information relating to Save the Children and our activities are shared widely within communities, among partner organizations and other sectors integrated in this project in which we are working and provide for their participation and feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks.
- Ensure that project related information are relayed to the partners.
- Motivate and encourage staff to deliver activities with high community participation.
- Ensure that the team receives adequate support from the PC/PM/SPM/HoP/Advisor as relevant.
- Prepare periodic work plans with supervisor in a timely manner.
- Keep records of activities and report periodically on program progress with recommendations in a timely manner.
- Assist with periodic and other reporting as necessary.
- Assist in documentation of process and impact of the program as needed.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At leastthree years in implementing for education programs development.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in child protection programming.
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls for funds intended for area/s of jurisdiction.
- University graduate.
- Strong interpersonal and community development skills.
- Good written and spoken skills in local language (Shan, Ta’ang. Kachin).
- Cooperate with partner organizations.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Good Significant people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.