Head of Support Services
Lead Administration, IT and Government Relations functions to achieve efficient and effective support service delivery for Save The Children Programs.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Director of Finance & Support Services
Direct Reports: Support Services Manager, IT Manager
Financial Approval: N/A
External Representation: Locally at operational related matters with vendors, local authorities and general public. Limited representation at regional and national level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Provide full support to the director in developing an overall strategic direction and plan for the Support Services Department (Administration, GR and IT) in line with Country Strategic Plan to meet the operational needs.
- Identify, develop, review and improve policies, SOPs, processes, tools and resources for overall departmental functions and activities.
- Working with the L&D Manager to develop high quality inductions for all staff related to Administration and IT and to monitor their effective implementation.
- Leading, managing and motivating direct reports (Support Service Manager & IT Manager) ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful and constructive feedback on their performance.
- Develop and implement a structured staff development program for direct reports and supporting them to develop staff development plans for their teams.
- In consultation with the director ensure Support Services Department is structured and staffed appropriately to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Resources under departments’ remit are in line with SC’s policies and guidelines.
- Provide leadership and policy guidelines to support service manager in managing Yangon office to ensure that office systems are run in an efficient and co-ordinated manner.
- Maintain an overview of IT and communications requirements and manage their implementation accordingly.
- Identify potential risk at department functional levels to develop and test risk mitigation plans.
- Assist direct reports to identify risk at business process level and measures to mitigate identify risk to incorporate into departmental risk management plan.
- Develop continuous improvement culture amongst staff and be a leader in annual develop to perform system of SCI.
- Provide policy and procedural support to field operations director in ensuring that adequate oversight and support is provided to offices outside of Yangon.
- Represent Support Services Department of Save the Children Myanmar Office to local and regional level government, vendors and supplier, and general public identifying opportunities and threat to provide a practical advice to the directors.
- Liaise and coordinate with government line ministries in matters relating to MOUs, MOAs, registration, and visas and travel authorisations of international staff.
- Support to increase programme implementation effectiveness through standardized sub-office admin, IT and security and safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee and in some cases manages international staff benefits administration, including guesthouse, staff house and visa processes.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
- Develop and pilot practical day-to-day approaches to increase awareness, commitment and interest in child safeguarding amongst support services staff.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Greater than 7 years’ experience in related field.
- Required: Bachelor Degree.
- Preferred: MBA, MPA or other related post graduate studies.
- Good English communication skills to interact with international staff.
- Excellent leadership skills - demonstrated ability to lead a team, creating room for discussion and input to make the best/most appropriate decisions.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement – demonstrated experience with positive adaptation to change and improvements to administrative systems to ensure simplicity and efficiently while also ensuring compliance.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- At least 5 years of management experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.