Deputy Director - HR
The Deputy Director HR is responsible for providing strategic direction and oversight of recruitment, internal talent placement, HRIS, compensation and benefits for Myanmar country office. This includes setting strategies for HR planning, attracting and sourcing top level talents, placing internal talents, ensuring proper on-boarding, ensuring policies and procedures are developed and are in compliance with SCI, HRIS is managed, compensation and benefits stay competitive, non-discriminatory and equitable.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MST HR Director
Dimensions: The position will be responsible for strategic direction and oversight for Myanmar country office talent acquisition, HRIS, Compensation & benefits areas.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Manager– Recruitment, Sr. Coordinator– HRIS, Compensation & benefits
Travel: Minimum (up to 3 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING and RECRUITMENT
- Responsible for conceptualization, design and management of staffing strategies to ensure that the organisation acquires and retains a qualified and talented workforce capable of meeting current and future organisational needs in both development and emergency contexts.
- Work closely with programme to ensure that adequate and appropriate inputs are provided and incorporated on staff planning during project designing and proposal development.
- Ensure appropriate job descriptions for critical and senior positions are developed and reflect Save the Children’s dual mandate.
- Ensure hiring practices are fair, equitable and consistent and comply with local regulations, conduct ongoing analysis to determine organizational staffing profile.
- Prepare/participate in short and long term people forecasting & HR planning for the organization.
- With inputs from senior managers, assess competencies and skills in light of changing context and content of job holders and advise HR Director and National Director.
- Oversee recruitment management and ensure critical positions are recruited within shortest possible time.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate emergency HR procedures are detailed in the Country Office Emergency Preparedness Plan in order to enable rapid scale up, and that all HR staff members understand and are able to perform their roles in an emergency.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICY
- Responsible for development, management and effective communication of Save the Children’s human resources policies and procedures in accordance with the organisation’s goals and statutory requirements.
- Monitor and advise on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures and local labour law.
HRIS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Overall management and design of competitive and appropriate compensation and benefit policies for all employees, including short term and/or contract employees in emergencies.
- Conduct compensation reviews and implement employee benefit schemes and review periodically to bring competitiveness.
- Ensure that the compensation and benefit policies are cost effective, competitive, equitable and are implemented effectively.
- Oversee management of HRIS, payroll, Effort Reporting (TimeSheet), staff benefit and welfare issues.
- Be the focal person for HRIS related reporting to National Director, CMT, MST HR Director.
- Conduct Job evaluation and market survey on salary and benefits periodically.
- Facilitate exit management process.
- Coordinate with auditors on HR issues.
STAFF RELATIONS AND WELFARE:
- Work on strengthening staff relations and make sure that all staff are well aware on grievance and other appealing procedures.
- Counsel staff as needed and be a part of investigation team and documentation as needed.
- Assist managers to create a healthy, productive work environment and to ensure that work life balance is maintained.
TEAM SUPERVISION AND TRAINING:
- Manage performance of Manager Recruitment and Senior Coordinator HRIS, compensation & benefits and team members.
- Provide coaching and guidance for qualitative and quantitative performance.
- Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiatives for career growth.
- Ensure orientation to new national and international staff, and consultants on Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Regular visit to programme offices to monitor compliance on HR policy and provide technical guidance on recruitment, HRIS and compensation management, etc., as necessary.
- Facilitate HR aspects (such as deployment mechanisms) of the Country Office’s Emergency Response Team.
- Represent in NGO HR meetings and network with local and international organizations to share and collect information of HR policy and practices.
- Provide necessary HR support for incoming surge capacity during emergencies, working closely with Regional and HR Director.
- In collaboration with Director of Finance, ensure maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income tax calculations in compliance with current laws and regulations.
- Ensure that monthly reports, quarterly reports of HR Key Performance Indicators, Attrition and required information are sent to Regional office.
- Be willing to work in any emergency or disaster situation anywhere in Myanmar.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, identify gaps and strengthen recruitment processes to ensure rigorous compliance with the Child Safeguarding Policy; ensure HR staff are trained/skilled in recruiting personnel through a child safeguarding lens; and ensure child safeguarding is incorporated into the performance management system
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7 years of working experience in relevant area of which 3 years at managerial level. Experience in leading and managing recruitment, HRIS, Compensation and benefits.
- Advanced knowledge on innovative talent sourcing and recruitment techniques.
- Excellent leadership skills, strategy formulation skills, outstanding presentation and training facilitation skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, report preparation and communication skills both in written and spoken English, proficiency in computer especially in MS Word, Excel and Power point and HR Information system.
- Readiness to travel to field areas.
- Readiness to work in emergency situations.
- Master degree on HR Management, Management/Business Administration or equivalent.