Project Officer (Nutrition)
The major aim is to implement the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) in close coordination and collaboration with IYCF/ANS teams in Sittwe and Pauktaw areas.
On a day-to-day basis, to assist the Nutrition Program Coordinator and Nutrition Program Manager in ensuring that all components of the program are functioning properly, providing care of quality to all the beneficiaries through respecting guidelines and principles of good practice.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Project Assistant
Budget Responsibilities: small budget responsibilities
Role Dimensions: No regular contact
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of BSFP activities in the program areas in closely coordination with IYCF/ANS teams and community outreach workers(CDFs), Mother group, BFCs, CHWs, TBAs and other members of the community.
- Liaise and coordinate as focal person of BSFP distribution closely with WFP Field Office as well as with IYCF/ANS program and other cross sectors within SCI.
- Prepare, develop and submit monthly distribution plan and distribution reports (Form H, MDR etc.) to focal Program Coordinator in timely and precisely.
- Support on the promotion of IYCF (i.e. timely initiation of breast feeding, exclusive breastfeeding, introduction of complimentary feeding, importance of dietary diversity and meal frequency) at breast feeding sites, OTP and community level.
- Support and participate in Nutrition Promotion Activities and other SHD support campaigns such as Vitamin A and Deworming Campaign, immunization campaigns, Nutrition Promotion Month campaign etc.
- Mobilization in the camp levels with influential leader groups, and other partner agencies.
- Contribute to the development of contextually appropriate IEC materials for IYCF and BSFP based on local assessments.
- Regular Data checking and closed supervision to PAs and build their capacity.
- Monitoring of project progress and give report to supervisor.
- Prepare and submit project progress reports including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using the recommended data collection and reporting tool.
- Assist in any other tasks when required
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities:
Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / BSc, any graduate or equivalent
Skills and Experience:
- Preferable at least 3 years’ experience in Humanitarian and development area regarding to Nutrition knowledge
- Experience of implementation Nutrition program
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff and working with community members
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Experience and ability to represent Save the Children's nutrition work in external meetings
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and management
Communication and Technical Skills:
- Essential reading, writing, understanding and speaking English
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
- Proven team working ability
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in an uncertain security environment according to time restriction
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy