Project Assistant (WASH - PHP)
To facilitate the effective and successful planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene Promotion Programme activities in the Township and villages/wards/IDPs camps assigned – in collaboration with the Project Officer and through supervision of assigned staff.
As part of the WASH intervention, to safeguard and improve the public health of the affected population by:
- Promoting safe Hygiene practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services;
- Ensuring appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Line Manager: Project Officer (WASH- PHP)
Direct Reports: Community Development Facilitators
Technical Supervisor name and job title: - N/A
Technical Supervisees and job titles: Community Development Facilitators
If this role is a budget holder, approximately, how much budget is the role managing: N/A
Financial Approval: N/A
External Representation: Regular contact of basic factual informationRegular contact of detailed explanations of policy, regulations, programs, services and representation of SCI at the local level or with mid-level counterparts.
Travel: Frequent (over 10 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Conduct baseline survey and data entry, and assist in design of project activities in line with agreed work plan.
- Ensure community mobilisation, and facilitate community-based project activities through regular interaction with children and community members, including providing training, guidance and support.
- Take steps to ensure that the programme benefits the poorest and most disadvantaged children.
- Assist PO to supervise and train Outreach Workers, Volunteers, IDPs and Camp Management Committee members.
- Assist and facilitate capacity building workshops for variety of stakeholders.
- Liaise with other sectors of SCI, village authorities and departmental officials regarding the project activities as necessary.
- Assist supervisor in preparing township work plan and budget estimation.
- Keep records of activities, and report regularly and as requested on programme progress.
- Facilitate community to promote in public health hygiene behaviours.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Promote safe Hygiene Promotion practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services in IDPs camp.
- Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH programme.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
Child Safeguarding Responsibilities
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Skills and Experience:
- 1 year or more experience relevant of public health promotion.
- 1 year experience of relevant WASH knowledge.
- Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: public health, health or Hygiene Promotion, community development, education, or community water supply and sanitation.
Communication and Technical Skills:
- Fair enough English skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable.
- Proven team working ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work in difficult environment according to time restriction.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Preference working experiences in Rakhine State.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.