Support Officer (Supply, Billing, Ticket, Accommodation& Shipping )
The Support Officer is responsible for monthly billing for Offices, Expatriate house telephone, electricity, utilities. The Support Officer need to ensure Save the Children policies and procedures are in compliance with global and local regulations. The Support Officer manages a staff of three Support Assistants and one office assistant. The Support Officer reports directly to the Support Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Support Manager
Direct Reports: Support Assistant (3), Office Assistant (1)
Financial Approval: No financial approval
External Representation: Regular contact of basic factual information
Travel: Minimum (up to 3 days per month)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- To manage all bills such as (telephone, electricity, water, and International staff houses’ bills) for the payment, keep up to date balance and advance payment for each telephone.
- Responsible for handling the petty cash expenses for head office in Yangon, such as office supplies, materials, equipment maintenance;
- Maintain stock record and stock control update and be sure available all times.
- Assist in organizing of training, workshops, meeting, special event and other related activities
- Arrange travel and accommodation upon requirements for staff as well as work related visitors.
- Ensure the stock room is properly maintained and all stock listed up to date.
- Keep and verify records on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepare items for shipment
- Determine method of shipment by utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, rates and routes
- Work in close collaboration with other team , sharing information on the Administration
- Supervise Service Staff and provide necessary supports to develop them on the works.
- Ensure relevance of Administrative Policies and Procedures manual, orientation to all staff, update as necessary, and supervise staff compliance across the organization;
- To ensure efficient and effective administrative work and record systems
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 year experience in development sector preferred.
- Bachelor Degree and other relevant diploma
Communication and Technical Skills:
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy