Project Assistant – Nutrition and Social Protection
Support the Project Officer in the overall management of the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of high quality and innovative Maternal and Child Cash Transfer(MCCT), Social Behavior Change Communication – SBCC component of a Nutrition program in Laputta Township, Ayeyarwaddy Region.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Officer – Nutrition and Social Protection
Staff reporting to this post: Non
Budget Responsibilities: No financial approval
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC)
- Ensure community mobilization, and facilitate community-based project activities through regular interaction with children and community members, including providing training, guildance and support.
- Supervise and train(on-job training) village level nutrition volunteer(focal persons) and peer mothers through quality monitoring support
- Conduct SBCC training for FPs and MtMSG leaders, nutrition education activities through Intensive Social Behavior Change Framework.
- Develop, facilitate and mentor the Mother to Mother Support Group in project area.
- Ensure respective committees, partners and community members involve in particitpatory monitoring and evaluation process.
Maternal and Child Cash Transfer (MCCT)
- Conduct distribution monitoring and post distribution monitoring for MCCT
- Participate in establishing the Beneficiary Feedback Machanism in every villages by consultions with community members before the implementation.
- Assist and facilitate capacity building workshops, awareness sessions, review meetings, MCCT meeting and training sessions for variety of stakeholders.
- In coordination with the MEAL team, Training Officer, BHS, VHC and authority, identify, train nutrition volunteers (focal person-FP) and MtMSG leader and other member of community on MCCT and SBCC.
- Assist supervisor in preparing work plan, township health coordination meeting, phase out planning and coordinating with all departments.
- Submit supervisor monthly report, donation list and document the progress of project activities.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure that project related information is relayed to the Project Officers.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reporting.
- Assist Project Officer in maintaining program documents and in coordinating with other departments.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University Degree in related field preferably in Health or Social Sciences
- At least 2 year thematic experience in development programming in Nutrition specific programs
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
- Proven team working ability
- Familiar with local context
- Good communication skills
- Computer proficiency especially Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to live and travel in remote locations and able to drive motor-bike
- Interest & willingness to learn from community
- A commitment to children’s rights, children’s participation and non-discrimination
- Working knowledge of English in communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles. Willingness and capalitity to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other revelant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy