Regional Senior Advisor, Technology and Data for Development, Asia-Pacific (Can be based anywhere in Asia)
*ROLE CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN ASIA
The Senior Advisor, Technology and Data is both hands-on implementer and strategy lead to help Save the Children in Asia and Pacific more effectively deliver programmatic impact and high level data analytics through the savvy application of technology. She/he will design and implement technology related aspects of a wide-range of Save the Children’s Programmatic, Campaigning and Advocacy activities.
We are looking for an experienced Technology professional, with a commitment to children’s rights, who is able to think strategically about the untapped potential of technology in Save the Children’s work. Must have a strong commitment and ability to drive technological solutions to data analytics. As the Regional technical expert on Technology, she/he will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between Save the Children’s global and country level Technology related work, strengthening our technical offer at the regional level.
The ideal person will have a deep technical understanding of and passion for the use of technology and data solutions and systems to solve child rights issues. S/he will be a systems thinker who understands that many of the challenges to a successful implementation reside beyond the technology itself in the larger context in which the technology is deployed, used, and maintained. S/he will be a deep technologist and a pragmatic implementer who never loses focus on the intended outcome of better programs delivering better value for children.
- Develop and implement a technology strategic direction for Save the Children in Asia Pacific – focusing largely on building capability and solutions to achieving impact for the most marginalised and deprived children.
- In partnership with other teams (Research and Evaluations, Operations, Advocacy and Campaigns), strategically drive Save the Children’s ability to conduct tech savvy data analytics and digital transformation to inform planning and decision making.
- Stimulate innovative actions for use of technology in the region, introducing best practices from within and outside the region, and building on our existing portfolio, experience and comparative advantage
- Develop scalable technological innovations particularly with children, other technical leads and partners
- Develop a system to ensure that countries have adequate technical assistance either from her/himself or through a network of experts within and outside Save the Children. These will include but not limited to co-designing and co-implementing technical solutions with field teams, program design teams, and proposal developers; provide implementation kick-off and ongoing support to field teams for relevant projects; provide direct in-the-field implementation support for complex projects.
- Work with senior leadership, field leadership, and dedicated local and regional actors to design and implement advanced and innovative technological solutions to key child rights problems.
- Developing and delivering trainings, webinars, how-to’s and other guides on key topics of T4D design and implementation to technical and program teams.
- Assessing and recommending T4D tools, services, vendors, and other partners for use by program teams.
- Working with T4D tool and service vendors to iterate and improve their offerings for SC’s use.
- Work with the operations, research, advocacy, campaigns and communications team to provide evidence on the impact of technological solutions on the most deprived and marginalised children and their communities.
Data Analytics and Learning
- Remove/reduce technological complexities to data solutions that will increase efficiency, reduce errors and produce a stable model
- Lead work on developing Save the Children’s ability to technologically organize, transform, and model data
- Learn from, Guide and support use of technology evidence generation by Save the Children and/or its partners in the Asia Pacific Region
- Stimulate a culture of self and cross-learning across Country Offices and Save the Children Members in the region and beyond on use of Technology in our work – gradually building Save the Children’s portfolio and credibility in this area.
Representation, Networking and Partnership
- Work with other technology technical experts internally and externally to lead communities of practice, partnerships, cultivate contacts, and link them with relevant authorities, countries and members in the region for joint programming and other forms of joint action.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 16 December 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 2 Dec 2019
Closing date: 16 Dec 2019 - 22:29 +0630
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time